About the position:
The Venture37 Technical Director, Resilient Agriculture is a proven thought leader in the area of integrated agricultural solutions that strengthen community resilience to climate-driven shocks towards improved food security and nutrition for communities around the world. S/he will provide technical leadership and support to a diverse portfolio of projects and will serve as the lead technical designer on relevant project proposals. S/he will develop a comprehensive and cohesive strategy to deploy innovative climate-smart and resilience-building solutions to complex agricultural systems around the world. S/he will ensure that new project proposals responsibly support communities to better plan and respond to current and future climate-related stressors. The Director will represent Venture37 as a leader in climate-smart and sensitive agricultural and will help boost agricultural productivity while paving the way for future generations to come.
- Develop customer responsive, integrated and adaptive technical approaches on proposals based on current evidence, research, and learning.
- Integrate proven technical best practices to existing projects that are consistent with Venture37’s mission and strategy.
- Identify and leverage technical tools and resources to better integrate climate-sensitive solutions into programs that are flexible and adaptable to unique agricultural and geographical contexts.
- Ensure high levels of impact and customer satisfaction by providing technical and management oversight throughout program implementation.
- Identify and provide insights on emerging issues and trends in resilience programming and its intersection with agriculture.
- Serve as technical leader for high-priority NBD pursuits for a variety of US and international clients (e.g. USAID, USDA, non-USG bilateral organizations, foundations, and corporate customers).
- Develop strong customer relationships to gain insights and to influence future development priorities.
- Collaborate with the NBD team to build and execute customer and country business plans that support Venture37 strategic growth commitments.
- Oversee the development of innovative technical work plans to ensure that activities will deliver the intended impact outcomes on time and on budget.
- Work with program technical teams to adaptively achieve technical objectives.
- Engage closely with customers to develop insights for future impact and ensure ongoing donor satisfaction with V37s programming and technical approaches with a variety of US and international clients.
- Lead Venture37 community of practice to share learnings and build team technical capabilities.
- Represent Venture37 at agriculture-focused international forums, conferences, roundtables, and other technically relevant events.
- Advocate to support climate-smart agriculture investments.
- Master’s degree in International Development or related technical agricultural field.
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in designing, implementing, and/or managing international agricultural development programs.
- Experience with integrated agriculture and crosscutting objectives (e.g. gender, nutrition, youth).
- Experience as technical leader of successful openly-competed USAID proposals, as well as new business experience with foundations, bilateral or corporate donor customers.
- Proven track record of leading the technical development program activities.
- Ability to interact effectively with established networks of senior level international development professionals, donors, governments, universities, and other partners.
- Experience leading and working with staff and sensitivity to working with multi-cultural groups.
- Proven ability to interpret M&E data
- Ability and willingness to travel.