Land O’Lakes Venture37 (V37) is seeking a seasoned business development professional to support the objectives of V37’s Plan for Growth, with a particular focus on V37’s work with foundations, non-USG bilateral agencies, corporates, and strategic partners. The Senior Manager, Strategic Partnerships and New Ventures (SPNV) will be responsible for leveraging and forging connections to expand V37’s relationships with these types of customers, deepening these relationships, and bringing in new business from these customers through insightful stewardship of shared value opportunities and strategic leadership during proposal development. The ideal candidate is an out-of-the-box thinker who leads and embraces change, and is keen to engage in international agricultural development work in new, innovative ways.
This is a full-time position located in Arden Hills, Minnesota or Washington, DC; however, operating remotely within the United States may be considered.
- Fill key proposal roles, particularly proposal leader, for non-US government opportunities (ability to fill technical writer role considered a plus).
- Conduct in-country reconnaissance to collect/analyze data informing proposal design.
- Participate in, and when appropriate, lead proposal design sessions.
- Provide mentorship and support to staff and consultants contributing to proposals.
Customer and Partner Relationship Development
- Leverage, cultivate and deepen connections with contacts globally for key existing and new customers, including private foundations, corporations and non-USG bilateral agencies; leverage networks and understanding of key influencers to strengthen institutional relationships and create pathways to new funding opportunities and strategic partnerships.
- Deepen relationships with implementation partners including international NGOs, businesses and academic institutions.
- Lead execution of customer development strategies.
- Represent V37 in key customer meetings.
Strategy and Pipeline Development
- Leverage and contribute to P4G fact base, using updated intel and data to dynamically assess V37 priority customers and procurements.
- Draft opportunity analyses and capture plans.
- Collaborate with V37 colleagues and partners to develop customer-appropriate pitch decks, publications and other marketing collateral that showcase V37’s work and thought leadership
- Lead effective pitch delivery to inspire interest among current and prospective customers and partners in working with V37
- Conduct marketing trips to meet with key customers; design and organize customer visits to Land O’Lakes to strategically influence partnership and funding opportunities
- Position V37 for new business and partnership opportunities through speaking engagements and participation in industry events
- Strong experience leading proposal teams to design competitive, successful proposals for funding from a diverse donor base, including expertise in partnership development/management and experience designing programs underpinned by causal models.
- Master’s degree in International Development, Business Administration, Agriculture, Economics or related field plus a minimum of seven (7) years relevant work experience, or combination of additional education and experience to total seven (7) years.
- Established, relevant networks with agricultural development donors, including foundations, corporates, non-USG bilateral agencies, and multilateral agencies; ability to effectively present to senior-level foundation, government and corporate leaders and to manage these relationships; history of success securing new business from these types of customers.
- Experience identifying and designing shared value opportunities.
- Superb marketing and communication skills – written and verbal.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent work streams effectively in a team environment (including leading proposal teams with people based in multiple locations), and work with people of diverse backgrounds in various cultural settings.
- Proactive, ability to envision new initiatives, detail-oriented, agile.
- Demonstrated understanding of emerging trends in international agricultural/economic development.
- Ability to travel and work effectively in developing countries.
- Strong proposal writing skills.
- Experience living and/or working in developing countries, particularly in Africa and Asia.