At Making Cents, we believe that given the opportunity, everyone has the potential to achieve extraordinary things. Fostering this potential and promoting opportunities for people around the world is what motivates us and our work. True to our founding as a social enterprise, we use evidence-based, market-driven approaches to support those most in need and partner with local organizations to create inclusive and supportive social and economic ecosystems where all individuals and groups can thrive and live fulfilling lives.
Making Cents International seeks a proactive, detail-oriented individual to join our dynamic and growing small business as an Associate, Business Development. In your role, you will support the implementation of Making Cents International's business development strategy across our diverse portfolio spanning youth development; women's empowerment; agriculture and food security; entrepreneurship and enterprise development; financial inclusion; M&E, research, and learning; and workforce development. You will support business intelligence gathering, contribute to capture efforts, and support various proposal tasks. Using your strong writing and editing skills, you will develop proposal and marketing products that describe Making Cents' technical competencies and past performance for new business development purposes. As an associate, you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience supporting technically diverse proposals and to learn from senior experts about a wide range of international development topics.
- Support capture and proposal development efforts by researching relevant topics and drafting documents for proposals such as past performance references, staffing documentation, budgets, and supporting cost documentation.
- Develop corporate capability statements and other marketing materials.
- Support proposal and business development consultant recruitment.
- Track new business opportunities on US Government and other funder websites.
- Contribute to maintaining the New Business tracker and consultant documentation.
- Assist with updating corporate website content.
- Attend conferences and networking events on behalf of Making Cents.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum one year of relevant work experience
- Strong writing and research skills.
- Demonstrated MS Office skills, including experience with MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to work in the US without sponsorship.
Our ideal candidates are:
- Demonstrably interested in at least one of Making Cents' technical areas.
- Highly comfortable with technology, including Salesforce or other similar databases, and other online tools.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented, flexible, and able to handle multiple concurrent tasks.
- Resourceful problem-solvers with the ability to take initiative to learn new skills.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Proficient in one or more foreign languages (French, Arabic, Spanish).
Full-time telework until the company's Washington, DC office reopens for regular business; thereafter regular office environment. Travel up to 10% may be required.